We all know that first impressions are important and a bad first impression could really turn someone away. Companies spend a lot of time and effort making their offices look nice and make sure they have the best staff at the front desk to welcome any customer to their office. But in most cases, your website is often your first impression on a potential new customer, not your office. If your website is out of date, you may lose business. Sounds crazy right? Someone would take their business elsewhere for a bad website?! It’s true.
So what makes a website “good”?
- Visible Contact Information. Phone books are a thing of the past so customers are going to come to your website to find that information. Make sure your contact information, address, directions and business hours are all visible and easy to find on your site. Nobody wants to have to dig around to find it. If it’s too hard, customers will move on to the next company down the road.
- Is it user-friendly? Customers want to quickly find the solution to a problem. So make those commonly asked questions easy to find and precise. Customers don’t want to spend their whole day reading through your content to find answers.
- Does it look good on any device? People are looking things up on their mobile devices more than ever. Is your site mobile friendly? If not, this is a must for your site! Come on, it’s 2019!
- Clean appearance. You want your site to look professional. No blurry pictures or videos, grammatical mistakes, broken tabs, no loose ends etc. Take pride in your site.
- Add Videos. Does your site have videos on it? Google endorses sites that have videos on their page and pushes those sites to the top of the Google search options. You want your site to be seen without having to pay for Google Ads, add those videos!
- Have all social links on your site. Social Media is such a smart and easy marketing tool so you should you should promote yours everywhere you can!
So, the real question is—does your website meet these needs? If not, now is the time to make changes. The future is now and there is not better time than today to address your marketing and site needs. Not sure how to do this? Contact Bowe Digital at 317.410.1690 and we will help you get there.